Industry Park of Shangkeng
Sanmen ,Taizhou ,Zhejiang ,China
1. Forging: It is a processing method that uses forging […]
1. Forging: It is a processing method that uses forging machinery to apply pressure to metal blanks to produce plastic deformation to obtain forgings with certain mechanical properties, certain shapes and sizes.
2. One of the two major components of forging. Forging can eliminate the looseness of the metal as-cast and welding holes, and the mechanical properties of forgings are generally better than those of the same material. For the important parts of machinery with high load and severe working conditions, forgings are mostly used in addition to simpler shapes that can be rolled, profiles or welded parts.
3. According to the forming method, forging can be divided into: ①Open forging (free forging). Using impact or pressure to deform the metal between the upper and lower anvils (anvils) to obtain the required forgings, there are mainly manual forging and mechanical forging. ②Closed mode forging. The metal blank is compressed and deformed in the forging die cavity with a certain shape to obtain forgings, which can be divided into die forging, cold heading, rotary forging, extrusion, etc. According to the deformation temperature, forging can be divided into hot forging (processing temperature higher than the recrystallization temperature of the blank metal), warm forging (below the recrystallization temperature) and cold forging (normal temperature).
4. Forging materials are mainly carbon steel and alloy steel with various compositions, followed by aluminum, magnesium, titanium, copper, etc. and their alloys. The original state of the material includes bar stock, ingot, metal powder and liquid metal. The ratio of the cross-sectional area of the metal before deformation to the die cross-sectional area after deformation is called the forging ratio. The correct selection of forging ratios has a lot to do with improving product quality and reducing costs.
More about:hot forging steel